Storms in the forecast for the Carolinas | Weather
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- After a brief pause from the rain this morning, another round of showers and storms will move through the area this afternoon.
For most of us, we'll see more beneficial rain, with totals of about a quarter to half inch. Some areas could receive over one inch of rain in the next 24 hours.
The best storm chances are expected late this afternoon along and just ahead of the cold front.
This storm system moved through the Midwest earlier this week, bringing severe weather and heavy snow to the region.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Woman found dead in wrecked vehicle in Gaston Co.
- Police say chop shop for Honda cars found in Gaston Co. home
- Gastonia officer involved in shooting during traffic stop of stolen vehicle
- Gaston Co. 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver grandchild
- Officials: 19-year-old killed, 4 injured in Gaston Co. wreck
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend