You can make Fran's nachos! | Restaurants
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Fran Scibelli, of Fran's Filling Station fame, visited WBTV today at noon. Loaded down with all kinds of goodies from the farmer's market, she showed us how to make a healthier version of nachos. The secret ingredient is soy chorizo, a vegetarian product offering that classic chorizo taste. (You can find soy chorizo at Trader Joe's.) Unless someone told you, you'd never know these nachos were meatless.
Even though Fran fried her own tortilla chips, you can use your favorite brand right out of the bag and get great results. Generously layer on sharp Cheddar, then top with cooked soy chorizo. Bake for two minutes at 425 degrees, or until the cheese melts. Make sure you use an oven-safe serving dish.
Once out of the oven, top with black beans, corn and guacamole. Garnish with your choice of sliced black olives, pico, peppers, jalapenos, cilantro and sour cream.
Upcoming Events near Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Woman found dead in wrecked vehicle in Gaston Co.
- Police say chop shop for Honda cars found in Gaston Co. home
- Gastonia officer involved in shooting during traffic stop of stolen vehicle
- Gaston Co. 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver grandchild
- Officials: 19-year-old killed, 4 injured in Gaston Co. wreck
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend