12 new principles named for Cleveland County schools | Politics
SHELBY - The Cleveland County Board of Education approved administrative changes for the 2011-2012 school year at its May 23 meeting.
The changes were recommended by Superintendent Bruce Boyles.
The changes are as follows:
- Dr. Aaron Allen, principal of Kings Mountain Middle School, has been named as principal of Burns High School, replacing Gary Blake who is reassigned to Crest High as principal.
- Jeff Benfield, principal of Burns Middle School, will become the next principal of Casar Elementary School succeeding Eric Lamanna who will move to East Elementary.
- Molly Blanton, assistant principal of North and Graham elementary schools, has been named as principal of North replacing Lynda Stewart who is retiring.
- Gary Blake, principal of Burns High, will become the next principal of Crest High replacing CCS Administrative Services Director Stephen Fisher who has served as interim principal this semester since Principal Roger Harris retired in December.
- Rodney Borders, the CCS Director of Alternative Programs, has been named as principal of Turning Point Academy succeeding Jon Fleisher who has requested a return to teaching and coaching.
- Ann Caldwell, an assistant principal of Burns High School, has been named as principal of Burns Middle School where she has also previously served as an assistant principal.
- Dr. Kim Greene, principal of Marion Intermediate School, will become the principal of Elizabeth Intermediate School.
- Dr. Brian Hunnell, principal of West Elementary, has been named as principal of Kings Mountain Middle School succeeding Aaron Allen.
- Eric Lamanna, principal of Casar Elementary, will become the next principal of East Elementary succeeding Jennifer Wampler who is moving to Bethware Elementary.
- Heather Pagan, the assistant principal of Marion Intermediate this year, will return as principal of West Elementary where she has previously served as assistant principal.
- David Pless, the assistant director of transportation, has been named as CCS Transportation Director succeeding W.D. (Chip) Smith who passed away in February.
- Brenda Shackleford, principal of Elizabeth Elementary, has been named as principal of Marion Elementary.
- Jennifer Wampler, principal of East Elementary, will become the next principal of Bethware Elementary succeeding Valerie Boyd who retired in March. CCS Personnel Services Director Donna Suttle has served as interim principal at Bethware since Ms. Boyd’s retirement.
Upcoming Events near Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Woman found dead in wrecked vehicle in Gaston Co.
- Police say chop shop for Honda cars found in Gaston Co. home
- Gastonia officer involved in shooting during traffic stop of stolen vehicle
- Gaston Co. 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver grandchild
- Officials: 19-year-old killed, 4 injured in Gaston Co. wreck
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend