The cold snap is coming back | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A strong cold front will roll through the Carolinas Wednesday, bringing much colder air and strong to severe storms with it.
Very warm air and plentiful moisture ahead of the front will fuel a line of showers and storms along and ahead of the front.
Due to very strong winds in the upper levels, damaging straight line winds of 60 mph or higher will be the most likely threat from this system.
An isolated tornado threat will be possible as well.
Flooding rain will also be possible with many areas seeing over two inches of rain Wednesday.
Temperatures are expected to drop back into the 40s on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dad: Son, 5, issued suspension for making 'gun gesture' with hand
- Police: Woman found dead in wrecked vehicle in Gaston Co.
- Police say chop shop for Honda cars found in Gaston Co. home
- Gastonia officer involved in shooting during traffic stop of stolen vehicle
- Gaston Co. 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver grandchild
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"