High speed chase ends in wreck on I-85 | News
CLEVELAND COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- Two teens were taken to the hospital after a police chase ended in a wreck, according to the North Carolina Highway Patrol.
The chase started near Blacksburg, South Carolina, around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Blacksburg Police attempted to pull over a truck that was reported stolen from Huntersville, and was driving erratically, troopers said.
The driver, later identified as Jacinto Elroy Henderson, 16, refused to pull over and led police and the NCHP on a chase that reached speeds up to 100 miles per hour, officials told WBTV.
The chase ended when Henderson wrecked on I-85 near the Gaston and Cleveland County lines. It appeared the truck had rolled several times.
Police Henderson and the passenger, Detarrious Johnson, 17, and charged them both with felony possession of a stolen vehicle.
Henderson was also charged with felony speeding to elude, speeding, and a seatbelt violation.
Both teens were taken to the hospital, but were released and booked into the Cleveland County Jail as of 8 p.m.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Shelby
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Woman found dead in wrecked vehicle in Gaston Co.
- Police say chop shop for Honda cars found in Gaston Co. home
- Gastonia officer involved in shooting during traffic stop of stolen vehicle
- Gaston Co. 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver grandchild
- Officials: 19-year-old killed, 4 injured in Gaston Co. wreck
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend